GFAI Scholarship Experience - $3,500
2021 Applications are available! Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
You Should Consider This Scholarship Experience If You….
- Want to work in ag and have an interest in the grain handling and feed industries
- Want a steady career, competitive pay and to become a part of the industry that helps feed the world
- Have an interest in grain merchandising/originating, safety, operations, feed milling, management and more
- Networking and career building opportunities – Learn about the grain industry, network, build your resume and meet new people who can open doors for your career!
- A $3,500 scholarship – 40% of the scholarship is provided at the Summer Kickoff Tour and the remaining amount upon completion of the program in the spring.
- Real work experience – Students will work 4 days at a member facility (2 days each in the spring and fall) and provide two blog posts detailing their experiences. Students can suggest their preferred host.
- A 3-day Summer Kickoff Tour on August 10-12, 2021, complete with site visits around the state, educational programs and social events!
- Permanent Illinois address and a full-time freshman, sophomore or junior at an accredited college or university
- Students must be willing to:
- Work four days at a member facility (2 days each in spring and fall)
- Attend the Summer Kickoff Tour on August 10 – 12, 2021
- Write two blog posts detailing their experiences
- Applicants may only be awarded a GFAI Scholarship once. Previous winners who are sophomores or juniors are eligible for a $1,000 “Renewable Scholarship,” with requirements to interview a facility manager, complete a 30-60 second video, or job shadow 2 days at a member facility and write blog posts about their time.
- Students must be interested in a career in the grain handling or feed industries, submit a transcript and three (3) professional letters of recommendation from school adviser, faculty, employer, etc.
Any questions? Email email@example.com!
Learn about the Scholarship Experience with this Highlights Reel from last year!