The Grain & Feed Association of Illinois, the Illinois OSHA Area Offices and Onsite Consultation formed an Alliance to provide GFAI member participants and workers with information, guidance and training resources to protect employees’ health and safety. This collaborative relationship focuses on preventing exposure to hazards related to:
- Machine guarding
- Slip and fall hazards
- Ergonomic stressors
- Confined space entry
Alliance training and education goals:
- Provide access to training and education, specific to the focus areas, through GFAI onsite training programs and seminars.
- Provide training opportunities to help reduce fatalities and injuries.
- Provide training on hazard identification and information on how to eliminate or control hazards.
- Coordinate efforts with each other to improve worker skills in hazard recognition and control.
- Coordinate efforts to take a pro-active approach to encourage the use of a permit system to identify and eliminate potential work site hazards.
Alliance outreach and communication goals:
- Provide speaker resources for local meetings, conventions and appearances to promote the Alliance throughout Illinois.
- Develop and disseminate informational materials to contractors, subcontractors, laborers and other workers about the Alliance educational opportunities specific to the focus areas.
This Alliance provides the opportunity for all entities to work together in a voluntary and cooperative relationship for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and to promote a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants with the ultimate hope of eliminating hazards in the workplace.